What is Cardano and How to invest in it in India?
Cardano is a blockchain platform that uses a dedicated cryptocurrency called ADA to process transactions. The Cardano platform can handle a wide range of transactions, but the ultimate goal is to become the “Internet of Blockchains,” establishing an ecosystem that allows for seamless interchangeability between different blockchains. Let’s know more about Cardano in this Blog post.
What is Cardano?
Cardano is a blockchain, and the Cardano network is powered by the ADA coin. This is similar to ether and the Ethereum blockchain in some ways.
Consider Bitcoin to be Crypto 1.0. It’s essentially digital gold, but the system has scalability problems. Then there’s Ethereum, also known as Crypto 2.0.
Cardano, which was launched in 2017, is Crypto 3.0, with the goal of improving on the functionality that Ethereum lacked at the time.
It was founded by Charles Hoskinson, who is also a co-founder of Ethereum. Hoskinson split with the Ethereum team in 2014 after a disagreement with co-founder Vitalik Buterin about whether the Ethereum project should be commercial or not.
Hoskinson then launched Cardano as a more scalable, interoperable, and sustainable blockchain, with the goal of outperforming Bitcoin and Ethereum.
One of the most serious criticisms levelled at Bitcoin and other popular cryptocurrencies is that their blockchain networks, which are based on proof of work consensus mechanisms, consume enormous amounts of energy. It employs a proof-of-stake consensus mechanism, resulting in a more durable and scalable blockchain.
What is ADA?
The Cardano platform’s cryptocurrency is ADA. Cardano’s coin is named after Ada Lovelace, the first computer programmer who lived in the nineteenth century. People pay transaction fees for using the platform with ADA tokens. It is also distributed as a reward to validators for running the proof of stake system.
How does Cardano work?
There must be a way to verify transactions on a blockchain network to ensure that people do not spend the same tokens twice. Because of the decentralisation, there is no central authority, such as a bank, to handle the job.
Bitcoin and Ethereum 1.0 miners use computers to solve complex mathematical equations and add new blocks of data to the blockchain, receiving cryptocurrency in exchange for their efforts. This takes a long time and consumes a lot of electricity
It employs staking, a process in which network participants deposit predetermined amounts of cryptocurrency in order to earn the right to participate in the blockchain’s operation.
“The [Cardano] protocol is designed to keep energy expenditure during the block production process to a minimum.”Daniel Hill, president of Hill Wealth Strategies.
How to invest in Cardano?
You do not buy Cardano itself but rather its altcoin, ADA. To buy ADA follow the below steps. To buy ADA all you’ll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a way to pay.
- Compare crypto exchanges – The easiest way to buy Cardano is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Find a platform with the features you want like low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
- Create an account – You must verify your email address and identity in order to create an account on an exchange. Prepare some photo ID and your phone.
- Make a deposit – Once verified, you can deposit INR using the payment method that best suits you.
- Buy Cardano
You can now exchange your funds for Cardano. On beginner-friendly exchanges, this is as simple as entering the INR or ADA amount you want to purchase and clicking “buy”.
- If you like, you can then withdraw your Cardano to a Crypto wallet.
How to use Cardano?
You can use ADA just like any other cryptocurrency, keep it as an investment, use it to make purchases, or exchange it, also use your ADA to pay for transaction fees on the Cardano network and to stake for more tokens. Pay attention to the wallet you use if you want to hold Cardano for a long time.
“The two official Cardano wallets are the Daedalus wallet [full node] and the Yoroi wallet [light node]. Both wallets allow users to earn new Cardano by staking their assets and also allow them to vote in Project Catalyst, a fund awarding ADA to Cardano projects.”Henrik Gebbing
Gebbing also stated that developers and institutions can use the Cardano network for projects without directly using the ADA token. There are plenty of DeFi and Non Fungible Tokens (NFTs) within its ecosystem, too.
Is Cradano safe to invest in?
- Price volatility – Cardano’s price is largely speculative, which means it can rapidly rise or fall. ADA frequently loses more than 10% of its value in a single day.
- Exchange vulnerabilities – Leaving your Cardano on a cryptocurrency platform exposes you to a number of counterparty risks, including scams, Hacks and theft, Fiscal management and insurance.
- Regulatory uncertainty – The regulatory environment for Cardano and other cryptocurrencies is ever-changing. It’s critical to understand how international rulings could affect Cardano’s future, for better or worse.
- Novel technology – Cardano was launched in 2017, making it a relatively new technology and currency. ADA does not yet have the same track record or track record of performance as some other asset classes.
- Technical Learning curve – Evaluating the technology behind ADA before investing is critical, but it necessitates a thorough understanding of the blockchain and other aspects of decentralized finance. You should be prepared to conduct extensive research.
Follow us on Instagram.